The Shieling Project has a huge potential to inspire all its visitors to appreciate and learn Gaelic. From the stories, songs and place-names of shieling life, to inclusion of Gaelic within tasks and routines around the site, the project can show fluent speakers, learners and those totally new to the language the rich weave of Gaelic within the landscape.
As our Gaelic Education Officer you will be responsible for developing this potential. This post will include delivering bilingual educational experiences at the site, producing new resources, including online learning, and supporting other staff at the project. You will work our team, delivering outdoor learning to children and young people during school trips and summer camps. You will also work with teachers during their visits and training workshops, as well as our local volunteers, to deliver high quality educational activities.
You will be a fluent Gaelic speaker, with education experience in Scotland and a high level of comfort in the outdoors. You will be a confident creative educator with the ability to develop and sustain experiential learning across a variety of subjects and themes. This post is funded for one year during which you will need to help the project grow and secure income to sustain the post in future years.
- Get in touch by phone or e-mail to discuss and request application pack
- Application pack: job description, person specification, and application form
- Submit application by 12 noon Wednesday 29th March
- Short list will be announced Friday 31st March and interviewed Monday 3rd April
- All interviewees will be called by phone the following day with the results
- Start in post as soon as is possible in May
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07584855846