Scots Music Group (SMG) is an Edinburgh-based charitable organisation providing a programme of traditional music classes and events for adults.
Location: SMG’s office is located at Holy Corner, Edinburgh
Working Hours: 18 hours per week, core days Tuesday – Thursday, flexitime, some evening and weekend working
Contract Type: Permanent Part-time
Salary: £26,265 per annum (pro rata)
Benefits: Pension and 31 days holiday (pro rata)
Core Responsibilities include:
- Manage, organise & develop SMG’s successful traditional music programme of classes and events (e.g. ceilidhs, concerts, stramashes.)
- Manage office staff, tutors & volunteers as required
- Manage the day to day operation of the accounting, financial & IT systems
- Provide input into SMG strategy and policies
- Maintain close liaison with SMG board, including preparing regular reports and attending SMG Board meetings.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of and links with traditional music & music education
- Good oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT awareness and knowledge of online event booking/finance systems
- Team player, with experience of managing a team
- Current Driving Licence.
For more information, please contact Edna Wilson (SMG chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For applications, please send your CV and a covering email to Edna Wilson.
Closing Date for applications is 28 February 2020