Come along and join professional storyteller and herbalist Amanda Edmiston (www.botanicafabula.co.uk) on a free herbal walk on Saturday 10th September from 10.30-11.30(ish) at Doune Ponds.
- a spot of plant identification and foraging
- a look at simple traditional herbal remedies found growing in our local area with tips on how to prepare them
- a sprinkling of history and folklore
- some taste testers from the woods
- a chance to hear some of the stories that connect them all.
The walk is suitable for adults, although older children are welcome too. As spaces are limited, please book in advance via Eventbrite.
– Dress for the Scottish outdoors!
– Bring small containers (bags, glass jars or plastic tubs are all ideal), and a pen or labels to label your finds
– You might also want to bring some light gloves in case of nettles and thorns!
This walk has been funded by the Forestry Commission Scotland Community Seedcorn Fund via the Doune Community Woodland Group. For more information on our group please visit our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/DouneCommunityWoodlandGroup