Eight top young folk musicians are heading out around Scotland over the next three months. The tour is of the finalists and winner of the BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the Year Competition (2015) and organised by the TMSA (Traditional Music & Song Association of Scotland). The full line-up is as follows; Claire Hastings (Song & 2015 Winner), Gemma Donald (Fiddle), Heather Downie (Clarsach), Ainsley Hamill (Song), Séamus Ó’Baioghill (Fiddle & Pipes), Robyn Stapleton (Song and 2014 Winner) and Ryan Young (Fiddle) with accompanist Anna Massie. Expect some brand new material written and composed by these fantastic young musicians, as well as some innovative arrangements of traditional tunes, all of which feature on the album which will be released on the night of the first tour date. The album was recorded at Castlesound Studios, East Lothian with musical direction from renowned composer, singer and harpist Corrina Hewat.
Tour dates & locations
- Thursday 6 October – The Tower, Helensburgh www.thetoweronline.com
- Wednesday 23 November – Cresset Hall, Dumfries www.locharthur.org.uk
- Monday 5 December – Mareel, Shetland www.mareel.org
- Tuesday 13 December – SEALL at Sabhal Mor Ostaig, Skye www.seall.co.uk
- Wednesday 21 December – Victoria Halls, Dunblane www.victoriahalldunblane.com