- Title: Visitor Services Assistant
- Salary: £18,600 – £20,139 per annum
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: 35 hours per week, Fixed term – 30 June 2023
- Closing date: 12noon Monday, 30 May 2022
- Vacancy Ref: 16/22
You will play a pivotal role within the Scottish Storytelling Centre team through the provision of outstanding customer service for visitors to the Centre.
In addition to your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be highly organised and a strong team-player who will be able to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to your work in order to meet the daily demands presented. Numeracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail are essential as you will be required to operate the till and box office system. A good level of IT skills will be required.
You will work 35 hours per week on a flexible rota which will include evenings and weekends.
The Scottish Storytelling Centre is a partnership between The Church of Scotland and TRACS – Traditional Arts and Culture Scotland. The SSC is a vibrant arts venue with a seasonal programme of live storytelling, theatre, music, exhibitions, workshops, family events, and festivals.
Closing date: 12noon Monday, 30 May 2022
The Church of Scotland is a charity registered in Scotland SCO11353
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] and must be received by 12 noon on the closing date.
Applications should comprise:
- A personal statement, outlining how your skills, experiences and personal qualities match the requirements of the role outlined in the job description. Please provide reference contact details for your last 2 periods of employment (this would normally be your direct line manager/supervisor). If you have had more than 2 employers in the last 3 years, please provide referee contact details for that period. References will not be contacted until later in the process.
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications alongside a full employment history showing positions held, responsibilities and relevant achievements.
- A personal information form, to be downloaded and attached.
Applications without a CV, personal statement and personal information form will not be taken forward in the process. Each document should be a maximum of 2 sides of A4.