*Deadline 14th December 2015. Please email [email protected] for an application form*
SHOWCASE SCOTLAND EXPO will present a showcase of Scottish artists and internationally renowned musicians at the second edition of The Visit. Taking place between the 25th and 28th of April in the central belt of Scotland, the Visit is supported by Creative Scotland. Produced for the second time last year with a focus on France, the Visit will in 2016 focus on Germany. Agents, festivals venues, record labels, managers and media will be invited to attend as delegates with a view to booking or reviewing Scottish artists. The Showcase forms part of an export strategy for Scottish artists which has been developed by the Showcase Scotland Expo Steering Group and Creative Scotland.
The application form should be completed and emailed along with any supporting materials to [email protected] by 14th December 2015.
The Showcase Scotland Expo Panel will be selecting up to 18 artists to perform. The selected artists will be provided with travel expenses for each performance and where possible a small fee will be paid to assist with additional costs. Each artist will perform once for approximately 30 minutes.
1. Artists’ work must be rooted in the folk, world, acoustic or roots genres.
2. Artists will have a demonstrable track record of performance in the UK including e.g. live reviews, festival and venue performances.
3. Artists must be able to demonstrate the ability to maximise the promotional opportunities that Showcase Scotland Expo affords e.g. strong web and social net working presence, credible mailing lists, promotional product for the event, EPK/Live footage available.
4. Artists must be able to articulate their rationale for applying and relevance to their career.
5. Artists must be willing to undertake press interviews etc as required for the Showcase Scotland Expo showcase.
6. Artists must be able to provide access to three tracks by providing a soundcloud link.
7. Evidence of existing international interest or support is desirable.
8. Artists must be available to perform in Scotland between 25th and 28th April 2016.
9. Artists must agree to provide evaluation as required to the Showcase Scotland Expo Steering Group. This will include financial information regarding onward bookings secured from the Showcase.