- Title: Operations Officer, Scottish Storytelling Centre
- Salary: £24,016-£25,977 per annum (salary is subject to a pay and grading review)
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: 35 hours
- Closing date: Tuesday 1 February, 12:00pm
- Reference number: 02/22
You will play a pivotal role within the Scottish Storytelling Centre team by coordinating the day-to-day operation of the Centre including front of house, catering liaisons, John Knox House Museum, events, visits, meetings, and conferences. The role also contains responsibility for the Duty Management of the Centre on a rota basis.
You must have excellent organizational, teamwork and communication skills, and as a self motivator, you must be capable of using your own initiative. Alongside excellent customer service, you should have the ability to identify and anticipate building maintenance and have knowledge of health and safety guidelines.
This is a fixed-term post until 31 March 2023. You will work 35 hours per week on a flexible rota which will include evenings and weekends.
The Scottish Storytelling Centre is a partnership between The Church of Scotland and TRACS – Traditional Arts and Culture Scotland. The SSC is a vibrant arts venue with a seasonal programme of live storytelling, theatre, music, exhibitions, workshops, family events, and festivals.
How To Apply
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com and must be received by 12 noon on the closing date.
Applications should comprise:
- A personal statement, outlining how your skills, experiences and personal qualities match the requirements of the role outlined in the job description. Please provide reference contact details for your last 2 periods of employment (this would normally be your direct line manager/supervisor). If you have had more than 2 employers in the last 3 years, please provide referee contact details for that period. References will not be contacted until later in the process.
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications alongside a full employment history showing positions held, responsibilities and relevant achievements.
- A personal information form, to be downloaded and attached.
Applications without a CV, personal statement and personal information form will not be taken forward in the process. Each document should be a maximum of 2 sides of A4.
For more information on any of our roles, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.