Downloads and links to useful practical information and resources for those involved with the traditional music sector.
- Volunteering in the Arts Toolkit
- Voluntary Community Arts Evaluation Toolkit (Annabel Jackson Associates)
- Culture Counts works on behalf of a group of core members to place culture at the heart of policy making, with a great resource section (See also Creative Scotland’s Creativity Matters page)
- Introduction to Social Enterprise & Cultural Organisations
- Harpist Rachel Hair has produced an excellent guide to the paperwork involved in self-releasing – read it here
- SCVO Funding Scotland – Find funding for your charity, community group or social enterprise using their free online search engine.
- YouthLink Scotland Funding Directory – Funding available for youth-related activities in Scotland.
- Voluntary Arts funding resource – A regularly updated list of new funding opportunities (UK-wide). VA Scotland sends a regular newsletter picking out those opportunities relevant to Scotland – Sign up here
- Creative Scotland – Offering a number of funding programmes for cultural activity in Scotland.
- Heritage Lottery Fund – Offering grants to support heritage projects (including Intangible Cultural Heritage)
- Scotrail Community Arts and Culture Fund
- The TMSA (Traditional Music & Song Association) produces an annual festivals and events guide (folk festivals) for Scotland, with a downloadable PDF
- fRoots in association with Spiral Earth collate a list of UK Folk Music Festivals and European Music Festivals, published annually in the April issue
- A general Folk Music Map is open to public contributions, aiming to map all folk-related clubs and festivals
- UK Folk Festivals Website
Digital Development and Support
Help for small businesses to ‘Do More Online’
Without an online presence, both businesses and charitable organisations are losing out on valuable support and revenue. Go ON UK have partnered with Dot Everyone and are helping small businesses to develop their digital capability.