Active Events: Scotland on Tour
Role: Project Manager
Location: Home working
Reports To: Executive Producer
Contract Terms: 40hrs per week with some weekend work and travel potentially required.
Contract Length: 1 October 2021 – 30 December 2022 with option to extend.
Fee: £28,000 per annum
Role Description: Project Manager
The successful candidate will manage an exciting new Scotland wide music touring initiative taking place in communities and venues throughout the country.
They will be responsible for all aspects of project management including, finalising and co-ordinating a diary plan for activities, liaising with stakeholders, budget management, reporting and managing an external festival team. They will bring enthusiasm and experience to the project and play a key role in shaping the year.
About Scotland on Tour
Scotland on Tour is a new initiative and will deliver multiple new concerts between January and December 2022 in response to the Covid 19 Pandemic. Towns and villages across Scotland will open new venue spaces or programme an increased number of concerts providing opportunities for professional musicians to recover lost income. It will provide communities across the nation with world class performances on their doorstep contributing to more sustainable concert delivery without the need for audiences to travel into major cities and it will contribute towards rural economies through the creation of a nation-wide festival. There will also be opportunities for outdoor festivals to participate through the creation of new stages or new performances slots.
- Finalise and open call application process for participating professional musicians from all genres of music, including the appointment of selection panels.
- Finalise an application process and agreements with current participating communities/venues and source additional concerts.
- Finalise key “flagship “moments within the festival, including liaising with current stakeholders and sourcing new opportunities.
- Agree contracts with all participants.
- Finalise performance scheduling between participating artists and promoters.
- Manage a preferred suppliers procurement process for pr and marketing manager, social media manager and box office provider.
- Oversee marketing plans and actions with appointed marketing personnel.
- Managing and updating the website.
- Ensure continued engagement and communication with all stakeholders, understanding their needs and requirements.
- Manage and call steering group meetings
- Complete budget management, including the awarding of grants.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to stakeholders.
- Adhere to good practice guidelines.
- Report to the Active Events and the Steering Group.
- Prepare and end of project report and evaluation.
- Explore future funding opportunities.
Competencies/ Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrable, previous experience in the music / live events industry with working knowledge of the music industry and touring. An ability to be flexible and enthusiastic with a working knowledge of communities across Scotland. An ability to demonstrate good business acumen and an understanding of public funding.
- Experience in final tour accounting with a working knowledge of production costs.
- Meticulous attention to structure, detail, and accuracy with strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confident, assertive, with ability to be patient and understanding of musicians and community needs.
- Great people skills and ability to form effective relationships, internally and externally, across all levels of and skills sets of venues and promoters.
- Proficient in Advanced Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), must have a current working knowledge of A/V and smart technology and how to maximise for efficiency
- Can demonstrate good networking skills and abilities to build relationships
- Experience of managing publicly funded projects and large budgets, understanding accountability and processes.
We are committed to equal opportunities. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. We will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the role. and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Applicants should email [email protected] with no more than two pages of A4 outlining their suitability for the post and relevant experience, along with contact details. The deadline to receive applications is 5pm on Monday the 23rd of August. Interviews for potential candidates will take place on the 26th/27th of August.